Monday, November 05, 2012

Reklaw 2012

I’ve been in aviation my entire life, but somehow I’d never heard of Reklaw. I’m not sure how this happened! It’s been going on for 27 years. http://www.reklawflyin.com/

I decided missing it for 26 years was long enough and told all my flying friends I was heading that way. Most of them ended up having something to do, but Pete and Matt headed that way. Vic, who also has a Cessna 140 and I intended to fly in together, but mother nature had different plans!

Vic was going to meet me at Taylor, but he got socked in due to storms. I told him I was going to head that way and would find him when we got there. I made it to within 30 miles of Reklaw when the ceiling started coming down pretty quickly. I dropped into Palestine and spent a few hours there waiting for the clouds to lift. I had good company and good coffee, so what else did I need? A few other planes, including Matt, dropped in and waited with me.

Eventually we made it in and after some fun (finding my tent poles were missing), I finally had my campsite setup and settled in for a cold night. I camped two nights and both were freezing, but the days were beautiful and I was able to get quite a few photos.

Thanks to Marcia and David Mason for throwing such a great event. I can’t wait until next year!

See the Full Set Here


































Jack "Actually Tired Of Flying" Fleetwood

No comments: