Sunday, October 05, 2014

Scott Atkin Hughes

Last week we lost a good friend.  I met Scott through the BARF club.  He was always on.  He always had a smile on his face and a love for life.  From the beginning, he told me he knew he wouldn't have a long life, but in that short life, he sure lived every minute.  Even when facing cancer and going through chemo, he was posting selfies on Facebook!

This morning, as I was trying to think of something to write about Scott, I remembered one of his posts.  Why would I try to write something when Scott said it better than I ever could?  Farewell my friend, it won't be the same without you.  I have tears in my eyes as I look at the photo of you waving...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Scott's Facebook page:

I can't believe it's been 5 years since my double lung transplant. I am so glad "Bubba", my donor, signed the donor card in Oklahoma. Thinking back over the last 5 years Lisa, Bubba and I have put a lifetime into those years. Playing in the jungles of Panama, climbing the castles of Scotland, getting to know the Asian culture in South Korea or traveling the entire country from Ocean to Ocean has been just awesome.

But what stands out for me is waking up next to Lisa everyday, Lisa getting baptized, watching grand babies grow, watching my sons turn into men. Wow, I would have missed a lot if it weren't for my donor Bubba. Thanks Bubba
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I had my camera out, Scott was always ready to pose.  One minute he'd be flying next to me, the next he'd be spiriling down! 






























They say the dash between your dates is your life.  Scott's life deserves a few dashes! 
February 13, 1953 ----- September 29, 2014
 

No comments: