Sunday, July 09, 2006

Early Sunday Morning

Made it to the airport early this morning. Around 6:30 I was ready to fly. There was a little fog, but it wasn't too thick. After I took off, I circled toward the lake. It was nice and cool, and the fog was fairly thick over the lake. The photos didn't come out great, but you get the idea.





Here's a shot of a train bridge.


Looks like it's time to mow my field or maybe I'll keep taking it with me on my flights:

All in all, this was a great morning flight. I was a able to go fly, work on my plane all before going to work. If I didn't have to go to work, the day might have been perfect :-)

For those of you who don't know me, this type of flying is new to me. I've always rented planes. I've spent the last 6 years flying a Decathlon and doing aerobatics regularly.

So even though I miss flying upside down, I really don't miss the $92 / hr this plane was costing me. It is nice to only have to worry about the weather. I don't even consider the cost of fuel, I just fill it up and go. Also, I didn't know what I was missing flying in an enclosed cockpit. I love being out in the open. I've flown a Great Lakes biplane before, but it was nothing like the Airbike. Probably the greatest thing however is the fact that this plane is mine. I know exactly what maintenance has been done and it's alway available. Now if I could just stop flying long enough to clean the plane and mow the field!

No comments: