Saturday, November 08, 2008

I'm still cold!!


We had a great afternoon/evening flight today. It was Travis, Scott, Chris, Terry and me as pilots, and Chris brought his Aunt, two cousins, and his mother.

Chris stayed fairly close to the field giving his family rides. Scott, Travis, and I headed to the East. Travis saw several police cars on his drive to the field, but didn't see why they were there. It turned out to be a pickup that crashed off of the bridge!

We then headed toward Lake Pflugerville. Scott turned back, Travis and I continued to Bird's Nest Airport where Travis did a few touch-n-goes and I attempted one (don't ask). Bird's Nest was once a quiet dying airport with a few planes left. Now all of the old hangers have been torn down, the terminal has been refurbished, and they're building a nice new cross-runway.
On the way back, I flew to 5,000 feet so I could have a nice long flight without the engine on. My hands still hurt from getting so cold!! It was so clear that I could see Lake Travis, Lake Granger, Lake Georgetown, and even Lake Buchanan at the same time.

It was another great day for flying, which is good because the bad weather is coming next week.

I finally got a good shot of the carnival.

Travis said something about flying high, but this is ridiculous.


The police and a wrecker.


Click on this photo and look between the bridges.


War of the Worlds


Bird's Nest - You can see the new large runway going across the photos and what's left of the old one going up and down.


Travis flying low.

No comments: