Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What a Year!!

This has been one of the longest, best and worst years of my life...

January - I decided to sell my plane. I registered it as a Light Sport Aircraft.

February - I traded the plane for a Powered Paraglider.

April - I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer.

May - I found out about Cryoablation as an optional procedure.

June - I went to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and had surgery.

July - I mostly spent this month recovering. Sold my PPG!

August - I found a PPC I wanted and me and my friend Frank made a roadtrip from Austin to Georgia to get it.

September - I went back to Johns Hopkins for my follow-up. I'm cancer free. This would be the best month! I will have many more visits, but I won't dread them as much.

October - December - So far, so good. I've been to a lot of UT football games as well as my trip with friends to Baton Rouge (previous post), and just stayed busy in general.

All in all, a good year. It had scary moments, but it could have been a lot worse. Thanks for sharing it with me. I'm looking forward to a lot of flying next year, so be ready for a lot of posts.

Cancer Sucks
Jack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack,
Happy healthy New Years! Wishing you all the best both on the ground and in the air be healthy and safe in the coming New Year.

Debbie... said...

Hi Jack,
I'm Travis's Mom. I followed the link to your blog from his blog. I read about your kidney cancer. Happy to know it's going good. I'll be praying that you continue to do great!
Debbie Russell

Jack Fleetwood said...

Thanks Debbie. So far so good. I've now had two checkups since the surgery and I'm free of cancer! I will always have an elevated risk, but I'll keep a close eye on it. I'll take all of the prayers I can get!

Travis is a great friend of mine and he's got a great family. It's nice when our hobbies help us find people as crazy as we are!

Jack