Monday, June 07, 2010

Short Flight

It was supposed to be nice Sunday morning, so I jumped out of bed and asked my daughter if she wanted to go flying. I don't think I've ever seen her get ready so fast!

We drove to Taylor, with me worrying about the fog and her pointing out everything she could see! I can see the top of the water tower Daddy, it's not too bad. I think we can fly.

I setup the plane and watched a Piper depart only to quickly disappear into the fog. We waited a little while, then I decided if nothing else, we could fly low over some of the big corn fields that I know are free of obstacles.

We did fly low and enjoyed it, even if it was only for 20 minutes. She wasn't real happy that we landed so soon, but was appeased a little when I told her we will try to go again very soon.

Can we go yet?

Okay, so not my best photo, but it shows you what I can see in my mirror!


I can see my passenger, my engine, and my entire parachute when it's on the ground.

See you soon with an update from the Redneck Fly-In.
Jack

No comments: